Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nursing graduation & pinning

Well, it finally happened...I was beginning to think I would never graduate from Nursing school, but I finally did it!!  It was a rough 2.5 years and I can't tell you how happy I am that it's over.  

I could not have completed school without my wonderful family and friends.  Thank you:
Dustin for always being patient with me during my many nursing school induced mood swings 
Mom for being so supportive and helping me with "the kids"
Friends (you know who you are) that didn't get mad at me for doing homework while hanging out
Family that was understanding when I ditched parties early to study
Nursing friends (especially Terrie and Nina) that reminded me when things were due and studied with me

  Thank you all so much!  (And sorry that this sounds a bit like an acceptance speech!)

 A nursing tradition is to be pinned as a nurse by a current nurse.  I was lucky enough to be 
pinned by my uncle John who is also a Registered Nurse.


  Westminster holds their pinning ceremony at St. Mark's cathedral, it was absolutely beautiful.




Westminster held graduation at the Maverik Center.  It was a LONG ceremony.  Thank you family for enduring that day:)  I love you all!









2 comments:

  1. YAY! You're done... how awesome is that!? I must say I'm a little jealous... what a great job to have now. I know many nurses that are Moms and they LOVE that they can work just a couple shifts a week to get extra cash...

    Glad I have a link to your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing Jess. I know you've worked incredibly hard for it and you DESERVE IT! Let's play soon!

    ReplyDelete